Tuesday, July 12, 2011

News from Young Life Saskatoon

By Lisa Moran (with Calvin Rempel, Bethany 4th year BA student)

Greetings friends. I am just over 24 hours away from pulling out of Saskatoon for the inaugural trip to Rockridge Canyon with campers from Saskatoon (and excited to be making history!) I am being joined by another leader, Calvin Rempel, to travel with five kids from Confederation Park School to help them have the best week of their lives!

It's been a journey getting these five kids to camp, as B.C. is a long way from Saskatoon. We are excited about the kids we are bringing and anticipate a life-changing week.

Calvin and I are both asking people to pray for us while we are away. It is so crucial knowing there are people not only lifting us and kids up to God while we're away, but also cheering us on as we have both fantastic and challenging adventures this next week. I am driving my van to Calgary tomorrow, then join the group from Calgary on a bus on Thursday morning, and return back to Saskatoon on Thursday, July 21.

Please pray:
- for energy as I (Moran) have to drive part of the way, and as I am not as young as I used to be when taking kids to camp
- for my physical condition: I don't do well in the heart and I have also recently been nursing a repetitive stress injury in my foot and leg (which I'm getting aggressive chiropractic treatment for). I know that it will hinder me some but I really don't want it to draw unneeded attention to me while there
- for the hearts of each kid we're bringing
- for guidance as we walk alongside campers in our cabins, campers who may consider making a decision for Christ for the first time
- for a few financial loose ends - we have raised nearly all the money needed for the kids, but would still like to raise another $1000 - Please let me know if you feel led to help
- for Calvin who is spending a longer stretch of time at camp, serving in the cabins and with tech duties

Thanks to all the Bethany community for your ongoing friendship and support. Watch for an update after we've returned from camp, with some stories from us and some of the campers hopefully.

Lisa Moran
Area Director, Young Life Saskatoon


No comments:

Post a Comment