Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Change


I like change.

Quite a bit.

Sometimes I think it might occasionally annoy the people I live and work with.

But that doesn't stop me.

I hope that this quality about me brings about good things.

I like to ask questions like....

"What is something that needs attention?"
"How could you make life better here?"
"What could you do to make this area more beautiful? or functional?"

And I've got a few answers lately.

One was:
"Put more entries on the blog!"

So here is the first one of many more to come.

Here is my resolution list:

1. Get faculty/staff writing who haven't done an entry yet - any requests for people and topics for them?

2. Get students writing. There are lots of gifted thinkers, writers, theologians, and poets out there. Suggestions?

3. Write more myself. My goal for 2011 was to take every writing opportunity that came my way......so I will pledge to write more. Once a week might be too much, but once a month too little. So if you've heard me say something that I should blog about, tell me.

4. Get a schedule going so that there is for sure someone committed on a weekly basis to submit entries.

5. Invite alumni to write. Alumni if you read this blog - let me know! There are some great writers out there that we'd love to feature - your stories, experiences, etc.

Thanks to Jeff and Erick for an inspirational Friday afternoon last week.

Blessings,
LB

2 comments:

  1. Hey...maybe you should change the subtitle for this ongoing blog from "Summer" newsletter, to ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sounds of this, good luck!

    ReplyDelete