Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Introducing...Danelle Kasdorf



Lisa Braun here - Let me introduce you to Danelle. I met Danelle van Nes in my first year at Bethany (1998-1999). She was the STUCO Recreation Chair, and so we worked together at Leadership Week to plan opening week events. I also had the privilege of working with her as the senior Youth Advance Committee member in 1999-2000. What a planner and organizer! I have fond memories of visiting her dorm room in North Court, and giving her and her friends permission to wear old Bethany Eagle jerseys during men’s basketball games.


Name: Danelle (van Nes) Kasdorf
Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Program: Bachelor in Christian Ministries 2000
Employment Role: Mother, Household Manager
Employer: Kasdorf Family
Email: danellekasdorf@hotmail.com


I am an organized person. In fact, I thought I had my whole life planned out. The plan was to go to Bible School, meet an awesome guy, settle down and have two kids. Well, I was one of the first to register for Bethany for the 1997-1998 year. And I did indeed meet a wonderful man, Danny Kasdorf (1997-1999) and married him in 2000. We decided to settle down in Winnipeg. Danny had just graduated from a tech college and was starting work as a web designer/developer. I found work at a Christian supply distributor and later at MBCI. And we waited to start our family, we waited and waited.

Finally in the summer of 2007 we were overjoyed to find out that we were expecting. We welcomed Janaya Helene into our family in March of 2008. Now life seemed to be going according to my plan again. In the fall of 2009 we discovered we were expecting again. There, two kids, just right according to MY plan. In February 2010 at the routine 20 week ultrasound we got a HUGE surprise. We were expecting TWINS!!!!!! My mind started going through the check list. What about the cute little house we had strategically bought to hold our future family of four? What about the car we had spent 7 years saving up for only to have to trade it in for a van? How are we going to manage twins? What if there are born really early? What if they are sick? Can we stretch one income that far?

It was a huge reminder that I am not in charge of my life. I can plan and plan as much as I want, but God is in control. And boy, have we ever learned to rely on him this year. I was reminded of a favourite verse: Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Well, after a few more months of anxiousness, Joshua Evan and Jenna Catherine were born full term and healthy weighing 6 lbs 1 oz and 7 lbs 7 oz. We’re nearing the twins’ first birthday and celebrating that we’ve made it. There have been some crazy moments and a lot of adjusting needed but we’ve made it. Thank you Lord for seeing us through it all. And we’ll wait to see what is next according to YOUR plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment